Hitsumei's PsiBlog

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Better Than Safety Ed.

First of all, Safety Ed. is quite possibly the most boring class ever created. Necessary, applicable, whatever, it doesn't matter. It's terribly boring, and there's not enough material to last the entire 80 minutes that our block schedule allows the class, so we have up to 15 minutes at the end of the class to sit and stare at the clock, waiting desperately for the bell to ring so we can go to lunch.

So, rather than wasting my life doing that (my patience has been wearing thin for the past few weeks as it is, so it gave me something to do), I attempted to have an OBE. I'll be honest, I started it while a group was giving a presentation, so I had about a half hour on my hands. Tsk tsk, I know, but onward anyway. I started focusing on my feet first and sort of put each part of my body to sleep, skipping over my torso to my arms and doing my torso and head last. My body became really heavy and I started to hear or feel a heavy, low buzzing that took the foreground from the chatter of my classmates. My mind began to swim and my body felt light as air and heavy as stone at the same time, like it was separating. I'm not sure if that's how an OBE is supposed to feel like (I've only had one before, and that was when I was quite young), but it was certainly interesting. Unfortunately, somebody screamed in the background and I snapped back to my body, so I'll have to try again when I have more peace and thus more chance of succeeding.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I do the same thing in my "connections" class (where we learn about organization, etc.).

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Hitsumei said…

    You ever succeed, Tsar? I wonder what it'd be like to OBE in class.

     
  • At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    did you ever find out why the girl screamed so maybe you can smack her???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home